20 August 2007

Introduction

Hi,
My names John. I’m 21 and have suffered from agoraphobia, panic attacks and social phobia for the last three years. This is the blog that’s going to change all that though. I am giving myself a month to be able to get in to town where I live and in to the shops. This is going to be done by a weekly challenge, a walk, the distance of which will be increased each week.
After this month I will be going in to the job centre to start the process of getting myself gradually in to work again.
I have tried to recover before, but never with the support and information available to me which I have now.
This is my chance to get back in to the outside world again. Its not going to be easy. However I will share every moment with you. I will benefit from this blog by having something to look back on in years to come. Hopefully other people in similar situations will also be encouraged to take on the challenge for themselves or to help a loved one gain there freedom.

3 comments:

Aimée said...

Wow thanks for the widget! I will return the favor with a link to your blog. I think its awesome what you are doing. Congrats on taking a stand and a turning point on your anxiety. Blogging has been so therapeutic for me and I hope it is for you too. I think its great to make goals- just remember to not put too much pressure on yourself. Take as small a step forward as you need to. Best of luck. I will be stopping by again to see how things are going! :)
Take Care!

Graeme K Talboys said...

Best of luck with this, John.

tea and cake said...

Well done, John! And Good Luck with this.