21 August 2007

Day 2

Well I got a better night sleep last night, so good that I struggled to get out of it again this morning. It was just so snug and warm, and cold and cloudy outside. But I did get up earlier so it seems to be working.

I also went for my walk, again not in the morning, but I went none the less. I had to change my walk a bit, as getting to the subway involves going through a car park which was very busy, so I took a different way round and admired two cars driving badly up the road. One was swerving from one lane to another while the other car was driving just a foot away from it. This did make me nervous as I didn't want to witness an accident, thankfully nothing happened and I saw them drive away.

I have now reached the stage which I hate, although I am pleased with my progress, I feel very vulnerable. the slightest noise and I run the opposite way. I still took my bike with me today, I walked with it beside me. I have probably left a hand imprint in the metal of my handlebars, think I was a little tense.

Thankfully I will have a little break tomorrow, well sort of. I will be going out, but with my mum. We are going to go to a shop in town, I think she needs to get something. I usually feel more at ease with her so tomorrow i can go out and hopefully enjoy the walk a bit more.

I must confess I am enjoying doing this blog, its great to be able to look at it and know that its what I have done. Although I'm usually not quite so open to the world, so its a little weird.

5 comments:

Graeme K Talboys said...

Way to go. This can't be easy, yet thinking it through and writing about it will hopefully help. Keep going.

tea and cake said...

It will be a good break to be able to go out with your mum.

Don't panic about the next day, just keep up your determination. You will do it. Karen xx

Cathy said...

Well done John, keep it going!

judeparsons said...

this is great john! looking forward to reading more about your challenge. good for you! keep truckin'!

Viki Lane said...

Well done, John; I'm full of admiration. *cheers wildly*