18 September 2007

Days 27, 28 and 29

Sorry! I know I haven't been on here for a few days, really bad of me I know. Well I have quite a bit of good news. I have decided that I'm not ready for a relationship. I don't crave for my ex like I used to and its not that that's holding me back, its myself. I want to do a few things on my own. I want to get out, get a job and get a flat. I want to fill that flat up with my things and do what I want to do for a while. So maybe in a year or two when I have satisfied myself, I might look out for someone then.

I have gained a new friend! He is a radio presenter and the most nicest person that you could ever meet. My situation doesn't bother him at all and I must say its so nice to have the company again. We have met up twice in recent days and he is due round at the weekend. The good thing about friends is that they are not around you all the time, and they are always there when you need them.

I have also gotten a CBT book which was recommended to me by Cathy (whose link I really should put up), and her son. Just started reading through it and i must say that it looks as though it will be good.

I do worry however. Things are starting to go right for a change and i keep finding myself wondering whats going to go wrong.

And thank you for your comments people, I do try to reply to them (under the comments posted). Its good to know that I have support out there. Its also a very good way of getting to know some very interesting people. this blog has opened a new world up to me.

Although I haven't been out much... OK, at all, for the last few days, I have at least begun to retrieve a social life again. It was all very confusing for me at first but me and my new friend seem to be understanding each other more and more. its nice to have met someone who is so patient and who I can actually feel relaxed around.

Bit under the weather at the moment, maybe the start of a cold. So I don't really know what I will do tomorrow, will have to see how I am. Got a lot to do in the garden before autumn sets in, its already getting cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,
Your post sounds really positive. I would agree that it's really important to establish who you are before embarking on a new romantic relationship, even though that's a harder path in the short term. Plus, I once went out with someone who wasn't over his ex, big mistake, very painful.
Jenny

john said...

Thanks for your support and advice. I realised that I haven't actually lived my adulthood yet. I was 17 when I met my ex and then got all my problems, so I have always had something controling me, or someone to consider.

Now I have realised that I want the chance to do things for myself. Coose things that I want. Its the only way I will find out who I am and learn to love myself.