6 April 2008

strange feeling

I read in a local paper of a 22 year old who died last week during a motor cycle accident. I have now found out who he is as I will be 22 this year so wondered if I knew the person. I have a stranger feeling that I did see him at school (it says he went to the same school), I even have a strange feeling that he was in my class during a level, although I am probably wrong.

I think the worst part of it is knowing that someone my age is dead. It was just an accident and now he is gone. I feel so sorry for him and for his parents. A young man with so much ahead of him. Its just such a shame.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Hi John

How's the gardening going?

Life is fickle, arbitrary & fragile. If you think about it too much, it blows your mind! Well, that's what it does to me.

I had a younger brother. He died aged 2. His twin, my sister is still around. I often wonder what life would have been like if he had survived. But there's no way of knowing.

Best wishes

MB said...

Reading things like this always make us question our own lives, and mortality. We always question why they lost their lives, and why we are so lucky to live beyond that age. It always makes me question what I've done with my life so far, and what I've yet to achieve. I hear of soldiers dying in Iraq that are my brother's age (hes a soldier) and I'm terrified he'll die before his time.

*hugs*